Our homely and flavour-packed Braised Pork with Lotus Root recipe makes for a perfect addition to your reunion dinner feast. The crunchy lotus root and peanuts, crisp wood ear fungus, and tender pork braised in the seasoning sauce made with Nam Yue (fermented beancurd) just goes so well with a bowl of steaming Heavenly Brown Rice!
|Cooking Time||1 Hour 45 Minutes|
- 1 tbsp oil
- 300g pork belly, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 inch of ginger, sliced
- 2-3 stalks of spring onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 300g lotus root, sliced
- 75g of fresh wood ear fungus
- 75g raw peanuts
- 2 pieces of Nam Yue (fermented beancurd)
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 600ml water
- Combine the seasoning sauce ingredients.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add the ginger slices, spring onions and pork. Brown each side of the pork.
- Pour in the seasoning sauce. Mix well and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the raw peanuts and 300ml of water. Mix well and cook for 30 minutes over low heat.
- Add in the lotus root, wood ear fungus and 300ml of water. Continue to cook for 1 hour over low heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and it’s ready to serve!