This super-simple and delicious dish will complement any topping you can think of to pair with our chewy brown rice. We’ve gone half Asian-style and half Western-style. With smoked duck, hoisin mushrooms, crispy popiah skin on one and broccoli, cherry tomatoes, egg on the other. Not forgetting stretchy mozzarella cheese on both, of course. What’s more, it’s a fun way to involve your kids for some quality bonding time!
|Cooking Time||1 Hour 15 minutes|
- 3.5 cups cooked Heavenly Brown Rice
- 3 eggs + 2 egg whites, beaten
- 40g grated parmesan
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
Smoked Duck Half
- ½ tbsp oil
- 100g shimeji mushrooms
- 3/4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 spring roll wrappers, sliced
- 1 smoked duck breast, sliced shredded mozzarella
Hoisin Base & Topping Sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp lime juice
Broccoli Cheese Half
- ½ small broccoli, chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg
- pesto sauce
- shredded mozzarella
- Rinse and cook 1.5 cups of Heavenly Brown Rice. Once cooked, measure out about 3.5 cups and let it cool down.
- Combine the pizza crust ingredients and bake at 200C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the Hoisin Base & Topping Sauce ingredients.
- Fry the sliced spring roll wrappers on high heat for roughly 10 sec per batch.
- Stir-fry the shimeji mushrooms with oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
- Blanch the broccoli florets for 30 sec.
- Once the crust is done, spread the hoisin sauce mixture as base and add the mushrooms, smoked duck and top with shredded mozzarella on one side. On the other side, spread the pesto sauce as base and add the broccoli, cherry tomatoes, shredded mozzarella and crack an egg on top. Bake at 200C for 3-4 minutes until the egg is cooked.
- Top the smoked duck side with the fried spring roll wrappers and drizzle with the hoisin sauce mixture.
- Cut and serve!