A light and refreshing soup that is packed with a whole load of benefits
|Cooking Time||1.5 Hours|
A light and refreshing soup that is packed with a whole load of benefits:
- Papaya – An excellent source of Vitamin C, A and B-complex, consists a large amount of dietary fibre that helps to prevent constipation
- Red Dates – Improves your immune system
- Sweet and Bitter Almonds (南北杏) – Benefits the lungs and aids in coughs.
- 1 medium papaya
- 700g Pork ribs
- Fish tail (marinated with salt and Chinese cooking wine)
- 10g sweet almond
- 10g bitter almond
- 8 red dates
- 1.5l water
- Marinate fish tail with salt and Chinese cooking wine.
- Slice ginger and spring onions.
- Cut papaya into chunks.
- Heat up pan with medium-high heat. Add oil, ginger, spring onions and fish tail into pan. Pan fry fish tail till both sides are golden brown.
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Place all ingredients (fish tail, pork ribs, sweet and bitter almonds, papaya, red dates) and 1.5l in a pot.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Serve hot with a bowl of rice.