Nothing says festive celebrations as deliciously as our colourful flavour-packed Seafood Paella recipe bursting with squid, mussels, shrimp and lap cheong which adds a Chinese touch to this Spanish dish along with the chewy texture of Heavenly Brown Rice.
|Cooking Time||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
- 1.5 cups of Heavenly Brown Rice
- 2 tomatoes, diced without seeds
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lap cheong (Chinese sausage), sliced
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 2 medium-sized squid, sliced into rings
- 8 mussels
- 70g of edamame beans
- 2 tsp of sweet paprika
- Lemon slices (garnish)
- Chopped parsley (garnish)
- 8 prawns
- 2 tsp of oil
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp saffron
- Heat up 2 tsp of oil in a pot and add in the prawn shells. Sauté until the shells turn orange-pink.
- Add in the chicken broth and boil for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove the prawn shells. Add the saffron and let it steep.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add the chopped onions, minced garlic and sliced lap cheong. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in 1.5 cups of Heavenly Brown Rice. Stir to coat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, diced red bell peppers, edamame beans, sweet paprika and white wine. Toss to mix and cook until the wine has been absorbed.
- Pour in the prawn stock and cook for 20 minutes.
- Assemble the prawns, squid and mussels. Cover and let it cook for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices and chopped parsley.