A piping hot bowl of Heavenly Rice paired with Mum’s signature Bak Kut Teh Chicken always hits the spot! 😋
|Cooking Time||2 Hours|
- 1 whole chicken (about 600g), washed, innards removed
- 2 packets bak kut teh spices
- 8 clove garlic (with skin)
- 20 pcs yu zhu (Solomon’s Seal, from Chinese medical halls)
- 30 pcs wolfberries
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 litres water
- 1 packet enoki mushrooms
- Lettuce to garnish
- Boil 3 litres of water.
- Add 2 packets of bak kut teh spices, 8 garlic cloves and 20 pcs yu zhu
- Cover and boil for 30 minutes.
- Add in one whole chicken and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in 2 tbsp soy sauce,1 tbsp oyster sauce, 30 pcs wolfberries and 1 packet of enoki mushrooms.
- Serve hot, garnished with lettuce.