We have something you would have never thought of adding into your soup. Nevertheless, it’s a definite yes as it’s tasty and refreshing!
|Cooking Time||4.5 Hours|
Check out our Mum’s recipe that has the following benefits:
- Coconut – Lower cholesterol, improve digestion, increase metabolism and boosts energy levels
- Chinese Yam (Huai Shan) – Lowers blood sugar, improves digestive system and is good for the spleen and lungs
- Dried Scallops
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 Aged Coconut
- 1/2 a Chicken
- 1/2 a Chinese Yam (Huai Shan)
- 100g Dried Scallops
- Rinse and soak scallops in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove skin of Chinese Yam and cut into chunks.
- Slice mature or aged coconut into pieces and keep coconut water.
- Blanch chicken in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Add coconut water and 1.5 litres of hot water.
- Simmer for 4 hours.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.