Indulge in our Egg Drop Soup! This simple sweet aromatic soup & Heavenly Brown Rice pairing is all the comfort food you need.The chewy texture and nutty taste of the brown rice makes the delicate egg flavour even more appetising. This easy to make dish is going to make your family members go “mmm” after every bite.
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 3 green onions
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (or to taste)
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Chop green onions, with stem and leaf parts separated.
- Chop tomatoes into quarters or smaller.
- Combine the chicken broth, green onion stem and ginger in a small pot. Cook over high heat until brought to a boil. Reduce to low heat to a simmer.
- Combine cornstarch, white pepper, sea salt and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Whisk until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Swirl into the soup and mix well with a spatula.
- Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl and drizzle the egg mixture slowly into the pot. Stir gently to break up the egg to the desired sized pieces.
- Drizzle sesame oil and garnish with the green onion leaves.
- Serve with Heavenly Brown Rice.