Don’t you agree? Mum’s flavourful Ginger & Chilli Stewed Chicken goes perfectly with a bowl of fragrant rice, and is always just what we need!
|Cooking Time||1.5 Hours|
- 1 kg of chicken mid joint wings
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 15 pcs sliced ginger
- 2 springs onions (white parts only)
- 2 chopped chillis
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- a pinch of pepper
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp thickening sauce (cornflour + water)
- Blanch the chicken pieces in boiling water.
- Then take out the chicken pieces from the pot.
- Add oil and stir fry the minced garlic, ginger, springs onions and chillis.
- Add the chicken pieces to it.
- Add oyster sauce, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, sugar and pepper and stir to mix well.
- Add 200ml water.
- Cover to stew the chicken for 30 minutes.
- Add the mixture of the thickening sauce and mix well until the sauce thickens.
- Ready to serve!