With a spoonful of fluffy Heavenly Premium Rice dig into our creamy Peanut Butter Chicken recipe to experience the magic mix of lip-smacking peanut butter sauce and tender chicken pieces!
|Cooking Time||40 Minutes|
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- Minced Chinese parsley *Garnish*
PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 400g tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced Chinese parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Mince garlic, onion and ginger with a clean knife. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and put them into a large bowl.
- Add the soy sauce and mix.
- Let the chicken marinate.
- Whisk together all of the peanut butter sauce ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour the chicken and soy sauce into the pan and let the chicken cook in a single layer undisturbed for 5 minutes. Then turn the chicken pieces over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the onion to the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes, or until it is transparent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Pour the peanut butter sauce into the pan and stir to coat the chicken.
- Let it cook until it begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with minced Chinese parsley.