The glazed San Bei Ji is one of the most classic Taiwanese recipes that screams “homely” flavour. When paired with Heavenly Premium Rice, the silky smooth texture, the pandan aroma and the colour contrast between the mahogany chicken and pure white premium rice make the dish savoury and highly appealing.
|Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 inch ginger
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 560g of chicken (drumstick / wing / thigh)
- 1/4 cup Hua Tiao Chiew
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 10g Thai basil leaves
- Add sesame oil into heated pan and stir fry ginger and garlic until fragrant, but don’t let it brown.
- Add the chicken and cook till the skin is well browned.
- Add in Hua Tiao Chiew, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, and sugar. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender, flipping the chicken over a few times as it cooks.
- Remove the lid and turn up the heat. Reduce the liquid into a thick sauce.
- Add the Thai basil leaves and toss to coat.
- Serve with Heavenly Premium rice.