What warms the stomach warms the heart. Nothing does it better than the Steam Pork Belly with Preserved Mustard Greens Rice. An amazingly simple yet hearty dish that has been on dining tables of almost every family for decades. Enjoy this truly traditional meal with Heavenly Rice!
|Cooking Time||1.5 Hours|
- Pork belly
- Preserved mustard greens
- Heavenly brown rice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Sliced ginger
- Chopped green spring onions
- Ready 1 cup of Heavenly brown rice, wash and rinse the rice.
- Add 1 cup of water and steam for 10 mins.
- Cut preserved mustard greens (Mei Cai) into small pieces.
- To marinate the pork belly, add 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and 1 teaspoon of pepper, mix well.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of oil,
1 tablespoon of corn starch and the chopped preserved mustard greens, mix well.
- Finally, add sliced ginger and let it marinate for 30 mins. Add the marinated pork belly to the steamed rice and steam for another 10 mins.
- Sprinkle some chopped green spring onions on top and ready to serve.