The chewy texture of Heavenly Brown Rice and the crunchy texture of prawns along with char siew, veggies, and an appetising seasoning sauce make our Yangzhou Fried Brown Rice recipe a delicious, luxurious fried rice dish!
|Cooking Time||25 Minutes|
- 1 + 2 tbsp oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 120g char siew
- 4 Dried shiitake mushrooms (pre-soaked overnight)
- 75g edamame peas, pods removed
- 3 bowls of cooked brown rice
- 2 stalks of green onions
- 130g prawns, peeled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp mushroom soaking water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp stock concentrate
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- Squeeze out excess water from the 4 pre-soaked shiitake mushrooms and keep the soaking water for later. Slice the shiitake mushrooms.
- Chop the green onions, char siew and peeled prawns into smaller pieces.
- Marinate the prawns with salt and cornstarch for 15 min.
- Make the seasoning sauce by adding all the sauce ingredients together.
- In a heated pan, add 1 Tbsp oil and prawns. Stir-fry for 1 min then set aside.
- Stir-fry the shiitake mushrooms for 30sec then add the char siew and cook for another 30sec. Add the edamame and seasoning sauce and continue to cook for 30sec. Set aside.
- Heat up 2 Tbsp of oil in the same pan and cook the beaten eggs on low heat till they’re slightly scrambled.
- Increase to high heat and add the brown rice, pressing down on the rice to break up the clumps and stir-fry for a few minutes until the rice looks loose.
- Add the stir-fried char siew, mushroom and edamame and continue to cook for 1 min.
- Toss in the prawns and cook for another 30sec.
- Lastly, add the green onions and give it a quick mix. Ready to serve!