A must-have favourite fried chicken for many Singaporeans out there? The perfect recipe to Har Cheong Gai (Prawn Paste Chicken) starts off with marinating your chicken wings with the pungent fermented prawn paste, then coated in the flour mixture and deep-fried to golden-brown, crisp and juicy!
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
- 1kg chicken mid-joints
- 1 tbsp red wine paste
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste
- 1 tbsp hua diao wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp sweet potato flour
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
- 1 thumb-sized piece ginger (blended to extract fresh ginger juice)
- Add all ingredients to the chicken mid-joints and mix well in a large mixing bowl.
- Place a cling wrap over the bowl and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat Heavenly 100% Pure Vegetable Oil in a pan.
- Place mid-joints into oil and deep fry.
- Remove mid-joints from pan once they turn golden brown.
- Ready to serve with a steaming bowl of brown rice!