Hi there! Welcome to the recipe of Heavenly Pineapple Rice. Serve up this deliciously interesting dish on your dining table and hear the wows. Let’s show you how to do it!
- 6 shelled prawns
- 1 bowl of fresh pineapple
- 1 medium size pineapple
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- 2 cups 1 day cooked rice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Edamame Peas
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Start by preparing the rice. Add up to 1 tbsp to the rice and work through with your fingers. You want to separate the grains of rice, so that they don’t stick together. Set aside.
- Add fish sauce and sugar to the curry powder and stir to dissolve.
- Swirl 3 tbsp of oil around a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and stir-fry until fragrant. Add dried shrimps and stir-fry till fragrant too. If wok/pan becomes too dry, add a little stock or a touch of water instead of more oil.
- Push aside the shallots and garlic to make room for the egg. Add the beaten egg to the wok/pan, and scramble the eggs.
- Add prawns and stir-fry till lightly cooked.
- Pour the cooked brown rice, carrots and the curry powder mixture and fry till the rice is well coated with the sauce.
- Don’t be tempted to add any more water/broth or other liquids to the rice at this point, or it will end up mushy. You can push ingredients aside and add a little more oil to the bottom of the pan if rice is sticking to pan. Also, lift/scoop up rice from the bottom of the pan, tossing it rather than stirring.
- Then, add in the pineapples, peas, cashew nuts and dried raisins and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Serve on a pineapple and sprinkle with spring onions.
Here, you have an artfully presentable dish in the middle of your dining table! No doubt, it is a great way to spice up your brown rice and stay tuned for more fascinating recipes from us. See you next time!
*Ingredients and quantity can be changed to suit the amount of people or your preferred taste.