You know what your tastebuds need? A fried rice with a spicy kick, basically a comforting mixture of Heavenly Brown Rice, garlic, onion and Sambal belacan. Good enough on its own to pass off as lunch and hearty enough for dinner with other dishes.
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
- 2 cups Heavenly Brown Rice
- 3½ cups water
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 200g chicken breast (diced)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp kecap manis
- 4 tbsp sambal belacan
- 3 long beans (diced)
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs (sunny side-up)
- Crispy fried ikan bilis
- Crispy fried shallots
- Cucumber slices
- Sambal belacan
- Cook 2 cups of Heavenly Brown Rice with 3½ cups water in rice cooker. Once cooled, refrigerate overnight.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in the wok.
- Add in minced shallots and garlic.
- Fried till fragrant.
- Add in 4 tbsp sambal belacan.
- Fry for a while till fragrant.
- Add in 200g diced chicken breast and stir fry till cooked.
- Add in diced long beans and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked Heavenly Brown Rice, stir till well combined.
- Season with 2 tbsp kecap manis, salt and pepper to taste
- Stir fry 2 more minutes till rice is fragrant and seasoning are mixed through.
- Serve with crispy sunny side up egg, fried shallots, fried ikan bilis and slices of cucumbers.