A decadent dish that will definitely impress your family and friends during Chinese New Year. Heavenly brand of Fragrant Jasmine rice is perfect for this dish. It absorbs all the rich flavour from the lobster, giving it a light and fresh taste. The ultimate comfort food.
Live lobster is preferred as it imparts the fresh sweetness to the porridge. We used the shells to boil with the chicken broth, to heighten the lobster taste. Dried scallops gives a deeper level of seafood sweetness when it’s boiled with Heavenly Fragrant Rice. Do not overcook the lobster as the flesh will be dry and hard. If the rice is not cooked to your prefered doneness, but lobster is cooked, you can fish it out from the pot, and added in later before serving. Live mud crabs and flowers crabs are a good substitute to lobster.
|Cooking Time||4 hours|
- 2 lobsters, 1-1.2kg
- 1½ cups Heavenly rice (soaked overnight)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 litres water
- 50g dried scallops
- 3 slices ginger
- 20g ginger (julienne)
- 20g spring onions (sliced chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Cut 2 lobsters into halves. Remove claws and refrigerate the lobster halves.
- In a claypot, bring 1 litre chicken stock and 1 litres water to a boil.
- Add in 50g dried scallops and 3 slices of ginger.
- Gently poach the lobster claws for 2 minutes.
- Remove and place in a water bath.
- Once cooled, remove flesh from claws. Refrigerate the claw meat.
- Put the claw shells in a muslin bag, and place into the stock.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Remove the muslin bag and ginger slices.
- Put in 1½ cups soaked Heavenly rice
- Cook till rice expand but still retains its shape.
- Submerge the lobster halves in the porridge.
- Cook 2 minutes. Add in the claw flesh.
- Simmer 1 more minute. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with julienne ginger and finely chopped spring onions