Fusing both the Malay and Chinese cuisines, Turmeric Chicken (also known as Ayam Kunyit) is one dish that is packed with flavour despite minimal ingredients. Used for centuries, turmeric holds many potential health benefits (i.e. fights inflammation and boosts skin health), and also brings out a beautiful golden yellow colour that takes the whole dish to another level!
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
- 5 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 8 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 100g ginger (sliced)
- 50g turmeric (sliced)
- 4 stalks lemongrass (sliced)
- 5 shallots
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- A bowl of water
- 90ml Heavenly 100% Pure Vegetable Oil
- Place sliced ginger (50g), turmeric, and lemongrass into a blender and blend well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry garlic, shallot and remaining ginger slices (50g) until fragrant.
- Add lemongrass ginger paste and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add chicken and stir well.
- Let it simmer on low heat until chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and sugar.
- Ready to serve with a steaming bowl of brown rice!