The apple and rice stuffing provides the pork with unbeatable moisture and wonderful flavour.
1 x 400g pork loin, boned
1 tbsp Cajun spice seasoning
20g butter, cubed
1 cup red apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 cup cooked Heavenly Rice
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp capers
A pinch of salt and ground black pepper
A pinch of ground paprika
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing.
2. Open out the boned loin and lay it flat, skin side down. Spread stuffing down the centre of the loin.
3. Roll up the loin, starting at one of the long sides, ensuring all the stuffing is held in securely.
4. Score the skin, then rub the Cajun spice seasoning and butter in. Tie the pork roll with kitchen string, making loops at regular intervals.
5. Roast in an oven preheated to 160oC for 35-40 minutes. Rest the stuffed loin for 10-15 minutes, then remove the string and carve.
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by John See