The apple and rice stuffing provides the pork with unbeatable moisture and wonderful flavour.
|Cooking Time||1 hour|
|Recipe by||Chef John See|
- 1 x 400g pork loin, boned
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice seasoning
- 20g butter, cubed
- Apple stuffing
- 1 cup red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked Heavenly Rice
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- A pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- A pinch of ground paprika
- Mix together all the ingredients for the stuffing.
- Open out the boned loin and lay it flat, skin side down. Spread stuffing down the centre of the loin.
- Roll up the loin, starting at one of the long sides, ensuring all the stuffing is held in securely.
- Score the skin, then rub the Cajun spice seasoning and butter in. Tie the pork roll with kitchen string, making loops at regular intervals.
- Roast in an oven preheated to 160oC for 35-40 minutes. Rest the stuffed loin for 10-15 minutes, then remove the string and carve.