Voluptuously divine, these tarts are rich and chocolaty and oh-so-simple to make.
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
|Recipe by||Chef John See|
- 4 x 5cm readymade shortcrust tart shells
- Rice filling
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup cooked Heavenly New Crop Rice
- 60g mixed fruit peel
- 30g dark chocolate, shaved
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of ground allspice
- Chocolate filling
- 60g dark chocolate
- 60g thickened cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 kiwi, sliced
- Lightly heat the coconut cream until warm.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients for the rice filling. Keep stirring for another minute. Set aside to cool.
- Place the chocolate, broken up into small pieces, in a thick-bottomed pan with the cream, sugar and butter. Melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the tart shells. Place in the refrigerator to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once the chocolate filling has set, spoon the rice mixture on top. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and kiwi wedges.