Comfort food at its best, the meltingly tender meat and rich gelatinous gravy is at its finest after hours of slow simmering.
|Cooking Time||30 minutes - 2 hours|
|Recipe by||Chef John See|
- 1 pig’s trotter, front hock
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 30g white onion, diced
- 30g garlic, minced
- 50g rock sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 30g shelled peanuts
- 35g celery leaf
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Wash and dry the pig’s trotter. Quickly blanch in boiling water.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pot. Add the onion and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the sugar and cook until caramelised.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Nestle the pork into the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with plenty of cooked Heavenly Brown Rice.