A healthy, all-in-one meal especially after the indulgences of Chinese New Year.
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
|Recipe by||Chef John See|
- 1 cup cooked Heavenly Brown Rice
- 1 tsp deep-fried garlic
- 1 tbsp shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 egg tofu, cubed
- 40g peeled water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 yellow cucumber, peeled, halved and hollowed
- 500ml chicken stock
- 5g coriander leaves
- Gently mix all the ingredients together, except for the cucumber and stock.
- Spoon this mixture into the hollowed out cucumber halves.
- In a small saucepan, pour in the chicken stock. Carefully place the stuffed cucumbers into the stock. The stock should come up to the top of the cucumber, but not overflow into it. Simmer for 7 minutes, or until the cucumber is tender.
- Remove from the stock. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.