Fried to a golden-brown crisp, this vegetarian version is filled with crunchy vegetables and nutty brown rice so each mouthful is a savoury delight.
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
|Recipe by||Chef John See|
- 4 dried bean curd skins (fu pei), about 20cm square each
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup cooked Heavenly Brown Rice, preferably 1 day old
- 3 tbsp water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli bean sauce (dou ban jiang)
- 5g coriander leaves
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together.
- Divide the filling into 4. Spread out a square of bean curd sking and place the filling lengthwise on it. Wrap and roll up like a spring roll. Seal edges with a little beaten egg white.
- Heat oil for deep-frying until hot. Fry bean curd rolls until golden brown. Drain and serve with additional chilli bean sauce.