Comfort food on a rainy day.
|Cooking Time||40 minutes|
|Recipe by||Chef John See|
- 1 cup Heavenly Brown Rice, soaked overnight in 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp barley
- 3 tbsp dried scallops
- 2 tbsp spinach stalks, chopped
- 1 tbsp cai poh (pickled radish), chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp fried shallots in oil
- Place ingredients in a pot. Cover and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until barley is tender.
- Garnish and serve.