Want to cook Singapore style claypot rice at home? You don’t have to deliberately buy a claypot just so you can make it at home. Enjoy this hawker delicacy right at home by cooking it using a rice cooker! All you need is a rice cooker, simple ingredients and Heavenly Premium Rice.
- 200g Heavenly Premium Rice
- 250ml water
- 200g boneless chicken thigh
- 1 Chinese wine sausage
- 4 chinese mushrooms (soaked)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 slices salted fish brined in oil
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- Chopped spring onions
- Blanched vegetables
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- ¼ tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- ½ tsp dark soya sauce
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp shallot oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cut 200g boneless chicken thigh into bite size pieces.
- Marinate it for 1 hour or overnight with 1 tbsp light soya sauce, 2 tsp oyster sauce, ¼ tsp dark soya sauce, 1 tbsp ginger juice, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine, 1 tsp cornflour, ½ tsp sugar and ¼ tsp white pepper.
- Wash and drain 200g Heavenly Premium Rice. Add rice to rice cooker with 250ml water
- Cover and start rice cooker
- Mix well 2 tsp light soya sauce, ½ tsp dark soya sauce, ½ tsp sugar, wine, ¼ tsp pepper, 1 tsp shallot oil and 1 tsp sesame oil in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place 2 slice of salted fish on a plate and sprinkle ¼ tsp sugar on it.
- Slice Chinese wine sausage and soaked Chinese mushrooms into slices.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok
- Ass minced shallot and garlic, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add in sliced Chinese wine sausages and sliced Chinese mushrooms, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add in marinated chicken and fry until meat changes colour, and deglaze with 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine.
- Pour in sauce mixture, mix well and dish out.
- When the rice start to steam, add the cooked chicken mixture and two slices of salted fish
- Close the lid and let it cook until rice is done.
- Once ready, give rice a good mix and serve with blanched vegetables and chopped spring onions